Sunday, February 13, 2011

Good Sunday Morning

Hello out there...this post came to me this morning as I was preparing Sunday Breakfast...it has occured to me (after I was asked about my bacon at Christmas time) that maybe not everyone knows the secret to perfect bacon...I was given this great tip a few years back and would never go back to frying bacon...the secret to straight not shriveled bacon is to bake it in the oven...I saved two old cookie sheets (ones that I would never bake a cookie on again) I line them with parchment paper...a bakers best friend I might add...preheat the oven at 350...place the bacon in straight strips on the cookie sheet and place them in the oven...let bake for about 10 minutes then turn the bacon over just once...no more flipping each peice over and over in the frying pan...just once.. keep an eye on it now because it will be only a matter of minutes ...I remove it a few minutes early because we like it alil chewy but not too crispy and not slimey....viola perfect bacon every time..give it a try I guarantee you will change your mind about frying bacon..and clean up is a snap...






I also might add...there are endless uses to parchment paper even after it's all gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comments , I truly appreciate your visits