Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's for dessert tonight?

Homemade Red Velvet cake with Cream Cheese frosting, I have to admit that I had never tried Red Velvet cake before a few months ago...it quickly became one of my favorites
this is the recipe I use :

Red Velvet Cake Recipe Ingredients

1/2 cup shortening (do not substitute butter or margarine)

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, presifted

1 cup buttermilk

4 tablespoons cocoa

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 bottle red food coloring

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Cream Cheese Frosting

2- 8 ounces packages cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

YUMMO

1 comment:

  1. Did you read my mind or something? I was looking for a red velvet cake recipe for Valentine's Day and wasn't sure which one was a good one? Thanks so much for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments , I truly appreciate your visits