Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday !

Howdy y'all....so today I finally had time to work on Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge ...and it turned out to be quite an adventure for me but fun none the less...it started out the other day when I hit the stores trying to find Score It tape...whew! none anywhere ...but the tape I did manage to find worked out ok ...so the challenge was to make your own Washi tape....I LOVE this technique , I have never worked with Washi tape before but have seen it on many projects it is a fun way to add an accent to anything...where the idea came from for my project beats me...sometimes it just pops in there mysteriously...right away I thought piano keys and that started the ball rolling ...then came the note book and so on...so visit Nicole's Capture the Moment blog for the how to make your own Washi tape video and while your there check out all the entries for this week....



all my supplies


adding the tissue paper to the tape



I used Papertrey's Bitty Background Blocks, Background Basics Newsprint, Just the Ticket and Take Note stamp sets



I love the look of wrapping the stamped tape around the notepad to decorate the back as well
After stamping the note sign I sewed it on with the sewing machine, added some twine ribbon and a few music note embellishments....





4 comments:

  1. Stunning, Wendy! I absolutely love how your project turned out :) I think I may try this next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! looks like a cityscape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible. It really does look like a cityscape. Clever you! After this I really do feel inspired. Just magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing , beautiful! I used the red tape too. It was all I could find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments , I truly appreciate your visits