Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Cats Pajamas

Hello all ..it has been some time since I posted last...feels like forever since I had a chance to get crafty...but I am back today with a challenge card for The Cats Pajamas
This week Lori has a terrific color challenge...when I first looked at it I automatically thought of Winnie the Pooh..don't ask me why...this brain of mine works in mysterious ways ....maybe the red and yellow...anyway looking at the colors and Pj bear and son...I went with my initial thought and here is what I came up with... I started out by cruising the internet to find a Honey pot template...just to add a little 3 dimensional craftiness to my entry... so here is a quick explanation of my train of thought and where it lead me...the base of the card is Pooh Bears tree house...I used the "new" window pane cutup die to cut out a window in the tree house...which I then covered with a piece of acetate...now I know tree houses don't have glass windows but ...remember my mind works in mysterious ways sometimes...but I love how it turned out...then you enter into the tree house where Pj and Junior are curled up reading...I decided to give them all google eyes all the better to read with...LOL.......I added some window treatments and of course a shelf full of Honey! Well I hope you enjoyed your journey thru my train of thought

8 comments:

  1. Ackkk look at those sweet curtains and the whole scene!! Totally great Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute and I agree with Julie - those curtains are so sweet! and I love your jar of honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! This is AMAZING, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing job!I love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at this great scene! I love all the honey pots and the inside outside view! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. My name is Winnie so a bear with a honey jar just grabbed me. Love all the details in the house..Lovely soft curtains too..The honey jar is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it was a pretty neat idea! sometimes you just gotta go with your gut!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments , I truly appreciate your visits