Sunday, March 30, 2014





Hello Crafters...here today with a" just for fun " post and MY nominations for the fabulous Liebster Award...for which I was given by my good friend Noelle ...

Today I have 2 completely different cards using the same stamp set but totally different techniques on each..  I used     Love You Bunches from SugarPea Designs

First up I stamped and colored the image with Copics added some flowers, vine and buttons for a fun colorful Mother's Day card




Next up is the image stamped with versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, kind of like the chalkboard technique but with an image instead of phrases...I am still trying to warm up to this one...LOL...it leaves me feelin kinda MEH...not sure if it will ever leave the craft pile ;) but I wanted to share it all the same...maybe you could leave a comment telling me your thoughts on the card? usually a second or third opinion helps...my daughter said the lil girl looked creepy....done like this
 So now onto the inspirational part .....

    

 The Liebster Award is nominated for bloggers that you admire, 
it is all about perusing blogs, betting to know crafty new friends for 
bloggers that have less than 300 followers.

This award is all about getting to know new crafty friends and perusing their blogs for new ideas and to get your mojo into high gear.
Part of the process is to answer a few questions about yourself, then to select a few blogs I visit and nominate them.

I was asked to answer these questions:


1.  The three supplies you use most?
Express it White Cardstock
Copic Markers
Tape Gun


2. How long have you been making cards?
I made the transition from scrapping to card making about 4 years ago


3. What do you do with all the cards you make?
Send some, hoard some...hee hee ...I also am the resident card maker for my hubbys place of employment...I make all the sympathy, birthday , welcome baby cards for hubby to give out to the employees and their families


4. What is your favorite technique when making cards?
Step cards...I have a total obsession with making them


5.  What are your favorite color combos to use?
I guess I gravitate towards bright colors, I love blues and browns together of any shade


6.  How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to do so?
I have been blogging for almost 4 years now...I started my blog when we relocated to another country for hubby's job and had to leave behind my job, family and friends...I love how it has given me the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends...even thought I have not met them in person it really has been a lifesaver for me

7.  How does your family handle your habit?
My family supports me whole -heartedly...Our 2 sons are grown and on their own and our daughter goes to College full-time but still lives with us...so it is pretty much me and my 3 furbabies that spend our days in the Craftroom creating..they are the perfect company and will let me play all day long!

**Now it is my turn to nominate some bloggers ...while alot of my blogger idols have over 300 fans these are a few that I love visiting and deserve this nomination***

Nancy Thomas

Laura Nehring

Joy Staag

Julie Elak

Cathy Santie

Tracy Clemente

Honestly I could go on and on and on...please visit these gals and become a follower they are truly remarkable women










2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetie Wendy! Thank you :>)

    Fresh and funky for the first one. I too am not sure about the chalkboard with the girl...maybe it needs some words next to it...big ones so the girl is not the focus? Hmmmmm :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! So glad you passed it on! Your step cards are amazing. I love your answers, thanks for playing along! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments , I truly appreciate your visits